I’ve been writing on this blog for a while and gained a bit of a following. I love and appreciate all of you for coming back a few times a week to reading my writing.
I decided to put together a short list of things about myself, so you guys can get to know me better. I hope you guys enjoy this list and I will be publishing pieces this week!
- I prefer to be called Ari. It is short for my first name and got it from one of my first friends from college.
- I am 19 and I’m a Scorpio.
- I am African-American and I take pride in my culture and my people.
- I am a Sophomore at the University of Michigan and I’m an English major (No, I don’t want to be an English teacher).
- I am from Michigan in the United States.
- I’ve been writing for over a decade now.
- I love writing and it’s the only thing I can see myself doing for the rest of my life.
- Writing comes naturally to me. I can create a piece and upload it within 10 to 20 minutes.
- I prefer to write stories or poems with a dark tone because everyone writes about love, life and positive experiences, but never include or touch on the darker times. I wanted to be different and just write creepy, scary, disturbing shit.
- My favorite type of food is Japanese food.
- My favorite pieces I have published are The Green light and Nineteen.
- I have a cat named Lucky and a dog named Rusty.
- I love reading novels and the current books I’m reading are The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and Delta of Venus by Anaïs Nin.
- My favorite app is Pinterest and Tumblr (yes, I still actively use those apps).
- I love tattoos and have 4 of them at the moment.
- Besides writing, my hobbies include reading, watching scary videos, movies and tv shows, drinking wine, shopping online and spending my money on useless things.
- I’m still shocked that so many of you guys enjoy the shit that comes out of my head. I always thought of myself as an average writer.
I hope you guys enjoyed this little post and got to know me a bit more. I will post soon!
-Ari, the Paramour